Tip jar:

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Cross Country - Days 12 & 13

Is it two weeks already? I cannot believe it. What did I do all this time? I remember what I did on day 12: nothing. At least I didn't drive anywhere, which was good for a change. I figured out that there is nothing better than an outdoor jacuzzi after long days of driving. While I was sitting in there I thought about founding my own church. One that worships heated outdoor whirlpools. However, I'm pretty sure you don't want to read about this.
In the morning of day 13 I was undecided between staying in the area and drive the Apache Trail, or moving on and drive a bit of the Historic Route 66. I decided to move on. Too bad it is winter. The sun sets too early, and once it's dark there is not so much to see anymore. That's when I switch from slow sightseeing to driving in tunnel-vision mode. I don't wanna know how many interesting things I passed by at night without noticing. It has one good thing to it: I reached California.

4 comments:

Phil Greaney said...

Congratulations - I've enjoyed reading your blog, fantastic trip - and your candid way of writing (making it clear there's not so much to see in the shorter winter days) is refreshingly honest.

Great photos, as always - bon voyage for the trip home, and bonnes fetes!

Oliver said...

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy reading your posts too. It's been a few days since your last update. I trust you're doing well and made it safely to the new year. What's next?

Oliver said...

Yeah, I reached my final destination (San Diego), and I'm a bit distracted with apaertment hunting now..

Post a Comment