Tip jar:

Monday, September 10, 2007

The third day already

This is my third day in San Francisco and the 63rd day since my very first arrival. However, I'm still excited like a 5 year old in Disney Land...how strange is that? I'm trying to figure out why this is, but didn't come to a real conclusion. There are two things I've found out so far. It might be that I'm still very much reminded of my first trip here as a 17 year old, which was a very positive and intense experience I guess. Second, everything just suits me here. The climate and the fresh air of the pacific, the relaxed pace of the people, all these contrasts, the architecture. A lot of deep breathing, a lot of smiling. Most people you cross way treat you like their neighbor anyway.
When traveling by myself, I always stay in hostels. It's much more fun. So yesterday, I met a Japanese roommate who asked me what I would do today. I told him that I wanted to photograph the Golden Gate Bridge in the early morning fog right after sunrise. Guess what, he woke me up at 5:30 am this morning and was ready to go. I couldn't belief it. So we did that and it was quite a hike and a fun thing to do. However, the fog didn't have the appearance I was hoping for.
Here are two photograph from yesterday.

The Bucket Man


Pug on Haight Street

I hope these pictures don't turn out too dark. The reason would be the "Ultrabright" display of my laptop. I have to by lucky to get the right results out of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment