Tip jar:

Monday, July 23, 2007

Amish

No photographic activities during the last week, but that doesn't mean that I have nothing to post here.
This one is an old classic on my hard drive that didn't make it to this page yet. I took it at an Amish farm not far from here in Pennsylvania in 2005. I found it very fascinating how these Amish communities are living in their own world which really has nothing to do with ours. The people are very friendly and talkative (their native language is some kind of German dialect), but when it comes to taking pictures, I learned that most of them don't really like it, mostly because it involves technology, and technology is something they don't want to deal with.
Anyway, these Amish sheep seemed to have a different opinion on that and posed patiently.


A picture from a corn harvest:

0 comments:

Post a Comment