Tip jar:

Saturday, June 6, 2009

Prison Chess article and thoughts about Twitter

Pete Brook runs a website named "Prison Photography" and wrote an article about my Prison Chess project. This time, I was the one who had to answer questions. You can find it right here.

Pete Brook's blog concentrates exclusively on prison photography. I had no clue that a website with such a subject exists until he found me on Twitter. Twitter is a tireless machine when it comes to connecting people of similar interests.

My OLIVA picture is a good example. It will soon decorate the new website of the OLIVA restaurant.
When I asked the question of my post yesterday (about what's a good image resolution) to my twitter followers, 20 people responded immediately and told their opinions.

If you think Twitter is of no big use, you are probably thinking of it as a traditional social network with bi-directional "friendships", where you are limited to shouting short messages at each other.
If that's the case, you should give it a try and simply search on it for things that interest you. Then simply "follow" those people who share information about these things. Next time you log on, you will already find new interesting information from your customized news sources.

So if you came to my blog because of prison photography and you happen to be on Twitter, you might wanna follow @brookpete.

0 comments:

Post a Comment